Fast Metabolism Diet: Day 1

by 7:36 PM 0 comments
Here I am with a delicious piece of fruit. Not to be cheesy, but the fact that this came from the earth is pretty extraordinary when you think about it!

I have often fantasized about being a food blogger, but it doesn't take long for me to realize that what I eat is far too repetitive and mundane for me to make a blog out of it. Blogging about a diet seems kind of boring since I only want to lose 5-10 pounds, it's not like one of those ones where you watch a person completely transform. So, hopefully this doesn't get too boring. If it does, sorry!

I'm doing the vegan version of the fast metabolism diet, at least for the first two weeks. For the time being, I just couldn't imagine giving up tempeh and tofu, and the diet only allows these foods for vegans. Later, I may switch to eggs and fish in lieu of my vegan staples, but we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, for breakfast I had cinnamon peaches on toast. It was pretty good, but I grossly underestimated how many cups of peaches are in one can. 15 oz doesn't mean almost two cups! I'm not sure how I've gotten by not really thinking about that in life so far, but it's got to stop now. I guess I've only been making things where it didn't really matter how many vegetables I measured out, so guesstimating never got me into trouble. Oh, and I also realized I wasn't supposed to be eating canned peaches anyway. Whoops. At least they were organic?

I also made the mistake of buying 5 8-oz packages of mushrooms for 5 cups, but that is WAY more than 5 cups. So now I have mushrooms for the rest of our lives. Maybe there will be a worldwide mushroom shortage and we can become millionaires by selling our stock.

After breakfast, I had watermelon with mint as my snack. I bought pre-cut watermelon from whole foods, which was absolutely worth it. I am already sooooo tired of cutting fruits and vegetables.

I realized this morning that the diet assumes you will go to bed for more than ten hours, but if you're a person who doesn't loll around like that then you need one more snack in order to fulfill the requirement of eating every three-four hours. How did Haylie miss that? So I drove down to our local health food store to get more peaches for breakfast and some more snack foods.

It was hard to be in that store without the ability to buy a chocolate bar. I can't get them at regular stores because they have dairy, which I cut out a while ago, but at New Leaf they have a chocolate peanut butter bar that I'm actually salivating over the thought of right now.

It's also been hard to go without caffeine today. I keep thinking about it, not like I want it to help me wake up, but more as a comfort object. How do Mormons and pregnant women do this?

Lunch!


Back to the apartment, where I made lunch, and lunch for tomorrow, and breakfast for Wed/Thurs, and lunch for Wed/Thurs, and a snack for Wed/Thurs, and dinner for tonight and tomorrow, and I am really not in the mood for making more food, but I know that work will be exhausting tomorrow so better get it over with while I have some time! I also had to go to WalMart to buy more tupperware. This is the most expensive endeavor ever.

Positives: The food has been really good, and I'm not hungry. I'm kind of looking forward to my run tonight.

Negatives: I feel like if I have to cook and tupperware and clean up one more meal, I will explode. And I need to go cook and tupperware and clean up one more meal right now. I cannot imagine doing this while holding down a full-time job, or being in school.


Marina Gafni

Marina Gafni is a 28-year-old speech pathology student. She lives with her husband in San Jose, CA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment