Fast Metabolism Diet Days 10-11

by 10:35 PM 0 comments
Day 10

This is the first day I saw myself in the mirror when I got out of bed and said 'yes!' I didn't just look how I used to look, I looked like how I used to look on a good day. I'm back!

Phase two got pretty miserable as a vegan; it's pretty much just tempeh, tofu, edamame, and veggies. The rule is that you can only have soy if you're keeping a vegan diet, so I decided to switch out the soy for fish and eggs. The exception was dinner, since I still had a ton of leftovers from week one, I had to keep eating an edamame-leek-vinegar soup that is actually growing on me.

Breakfast was 6 oz (a package and a half) of smoked salmon on cucumbers with dill and lemon juice. This started out good and ended up difficult to chew and swallow. Fish is so strong, sometimes I love it but sometimes I just feel like it's gross. Eating that breakfast was definitely a motivation to brush my teeth! For snack, I had a spicy mustard egg-white salad from the cookbook that was actually pretty good. Lunch was tuna in endive leaves. I had never tried endives before, and I wish that I still hadn't. They are not appealing to me. The pickles that I put in the tuna were the only thing that made that lunch semi-palatable.

I went to Bar Method and it didn't bring me to a state of exhaustion the way last week's class had. One bad thing about this diet is that I really miss going to Bar Method 3-4 times a week. But I know that I will be coming back as a healthier person, so it's okay.

Day 11

The second day of phase two may have been easier than the first only because my expectations were so low for the food. Thinking it was going to be the worst thing ever to eat so much fish made it not that bad. Still, next week I'm definitely mixing this menu up. Maybe only egg whites? I'm running low on meat-free options here.

I didn't go to Bar Method because it was a really long, intense day at work. It was the Office Manager's last day, and everyone was super-sad to see her go. Love you, Sally!

Oh, and on this day I re-joined the 120's club. Barely, but still, I'm there again!

I planned for an exciting phase three before I went to sleep.


Marina Gafni

Marina Gafni is a 28-year-old speech pathology student. She lives with her husband in San Jose, CA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment